Saturday, June 02, 2007

Do You Use FLONASE Nasal Spray?

If so, have I got a tip (pun intended, as you'll see) for you!

FLOVENT is the same corticosteroid, but in a pressurized aerosol for asthma sufferers. If you've ever squirted FLONASE up your beak, only to have most of it run out because your nasal passages were so inflamed, you'll appreciate the value of a better delivery system. So, here's the tip:

1) Call your doctor and have him/her change your prescription from FLONASE to FLOVENT;

2) Cut the tip off a baby bottle nipple;

3) Pull the wide end of the nipple over the mouthpiece of the FLOVENT inhaler;

4) Shove the small end of the nipple up your nose and fire; I usually do two shots up each nostril, so I alternate right - left to give the first shot some time, usually about one minute, to work.

I wish I could take credit for this discovery but I got it from my allergist, who wishes he could take credit! I've been doing this for about a month now, and am having the best results ever. My nose now actually works!

No comments: